Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Year to Best: Act #23 - Go out!

I am 29.  That is not old.  In the grand scheme of life, I am still very young.  And yet, sometimes I live like I'm 65 - in bed by 10 with a book. I admit I enjoy the early bedtime, but occasionally it's nice to get out and be young.  Go wherever friends lead me.  Have drinks.  Stay out late.  Make friends.  

So when my sister came into town a couple of weekends ago and wanted to go out, I went. It happened to be PRIDE weekend in Atlanta, so lots of people were out with us.  We met up with friends for margaritas before heading to an Atlanta institution (Joe's on Juniper).  And guess what?  (I bet you guessed right.)  It was a mega-fun evening. We got to see friends, make new friends, and generally enjoy our evening for no good reason other than to enjoy it.  Be happy to be happy.  It was a simple, but effective, reminder for me that sometimes I just need to suck it up, shave my legs, and go out.  Here's to remembering that.

No comments:

Post a Comment