Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Year to Best: Act #25 - Face a Truth About Myself

I am a Gemini.  I can't put it better than this, so I quote from a website:
"Gemini go everywhere together, hand-in-hand, symbolizing your dual nature. Our world comes in pairs: good and evil, male and female, in and out, yin and yang -- and you Geminis are living proof. Some might say Gemini are an entanglement of paradoxes, but the truth is that Gemini have an easy acceptance of opposites. Gemini world is one of duality. Gemini can like this and that, one thing and its opposite. It's like you see your world through a radio and Gemini can tune experiences and points of view in and out as your interests change."

This occasionally creates some confusion, even within myself.  It is possible that I may be a MEGA-Gemini, with more than just two natures, really.  In the past, I have disliked this about myself.  I could be entirely into a certain idea, item, or style one day, and two days later, completely love its opposite.  Confusing.  I think I've just recently come to terms with this, and accepted it.

So, I confess...my moods can change.  I don't have a personal style.  Some days I enjoy dressing elegantly, other days I don't want to leave my yoga clothes. Some days I feel like wearing glasses, plaid, and my Converse, others I want to wear skirts and heels.  There is no science to it.  Some days I want nothing to do with TV, preferring to read or write.  Other days, I love to veg out with some Fashion Police or TV dramas.  My musical tastes vary so wildly that they don't even seem to make sense...I may love classical and jazz today, pop and R&B tomorrow, and musical soundtracks the next.  I am not mainstream, but I am mainstream.  Sometimes people think I am "cool", other times they think I'm weird.  I like to buy healthy, organic food to cook, but I also love a Steak 'n Shake burger.  Sometimes I need to get out and be social, and sometimes I need to simply be alone.

Common sense says that a lot of people could be like me...but most of my friends do have a norm.  I sometimes envy their strong convictions that do not waver, their strong sense of personal style, their solid routines.  I know my varying-ness is taken to a strange level sometimes.  Occasionally, it makes me wonder (not in a pitiful way, but in a "wow" way) how people can love me if they never know what to expect from me?  Does that confuse the people in my life?  Do they see me as shallow and never-settled, instead of simply dual-natured?  

I'm really not sure.  The wonderful thing about my personal Air sign is that while I may be dual-natured and in the air often, there is always a solid ground below me of people I really love...people I know will love me even as I move from one idea to the next in a matter of days.  If they love me, I know they will boost me and enjoy my flight, never trying to tether or ground me (without very good reason, at least).  In a way, these people are (MAJOR CHEESEBALL MOMENT...) "the wind beneath my wings"!  Yeah, I just went there.

This is progress for me.  Learning, accepting, loving myself just as I am, which allows me to love others better.  Progress.  It's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment