Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Body Reset: Day 1

Day 1:

Breakfast: white smoothie, apple pie flavor (apples, almonds, bananas, greek yogurt, cinnamon, milk).  Taste was good, but I have a little trouble getting it down as I have a weird minor gag reflex when it comes to yogurt.  The portion for one person was huge and I couldn't possibly consume the whole thing!  I ate over half.

Morning snack: three Finn Crisp crackers, two slices fat free cheese.  I wasn't even really hungry, but it was snack time, so I had the snack.

Lunch: red smoothie (peaches, strawberries, vanilla greek yogurt, ground flax, ice).  Taste is pretty good. Still not a yogurt lover but this one is easier to consume.  I was still completely full from breakfast and snack!  I ate half of this one...seeing a pattern.  Maybe I should adjust quantities.

Afternoon snack: South Beach Good to Go Extra Fiber bar, fudge graham flavor.  This wasn't in the book, but I discovered it fits all the rules for snacks - under 150 calories, over 5 grams of protein, over 5 grams of fiber.  It's pretty yummy.

Dinner: green smoothie (spinach, pear, grapes, greek yogurt, avocado, fresh lime juice).  Taste was OK, but drinking something green throws me off - I'll have to get used to it.  Also, I don't like the texture of avocado at all. Blech.  Will replace that with almonds as my healthy fat in the future.

Overall, it wasn't a bad day in terms of food.  It's a tad strange eating shakes/smoothies for each meal, but that's only for 4 more days. Doable.

No comments:

Post a Comment