Monday, June 25, 2012

Year to Best: Act #3 - Do Something Fun

I've been sort of a hermit lately.  I can't decide if it's bad or good for me.  I've never been a homebody.  I like to do things, experience things, see things.  But lately, when given the option, I seem to always decide to stick around home, read, watch a movie.  It satisfies me, but I am not sure it makes me feel whole and excited about life.  I mean, I skipped the Renaissance Festival this year, even when I had plenty of chances to go.  Those who know me will realize this is almost alarming!  Am I depressed?  What's happening?!

So, we decided to get out, and did a weekend evening at Park Tavern for some food/drinks/live band.  It's a cover band we've seen and enjoyed before.  We got there early, ate, had drinks, met a friend...but the place was utterly jam packed and we couldn't see the band by halfway through.  It wasn't a BAD night, but it wasn't a great success, either. Good weather, we had a table to relax at, food was fine.  It just wasn't exhilarating.  While it was good to be out and about, maybe trying NEW things is where I need to focus...?

Oh, well.  I expect some of my efforts this year won't pan out perfectly...can't win 'em all, right?

2 comments:

  1. Park Tavern bands are MUCH better on Sundays :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dunno...we are not really into the singer/songwriter thing. We get bored and prefer songs we know...

    ReplyDelete