Monday, June 25, 2012

Year to Best: Act #5 - Get Ripped

By "get ripped", I mean feel like someone is actually trying to rip my legs off from the hip.

I decided to go extra-hard at my Saturday morning Body Works class.  This class is great, because it combines an hour of moving (read: cardio) with weight lifting and conditioning your whole body.  I really like it.  But the Saturday morning instructor is a beast.  I began the class trying REALLY hard, and by 15 minutes into the hour, my lower body was trembling like a leaf, making it tough to do the other exercises.  I pushed through (with plenty of pauses), but have been mega sore for the two days following the workout.  Not pleasantly tight, but SORE.  

Wes keeps telling me "no pain, no gain" and then poking me in my rear to see me yell.  Oh, husband.

I know it's a good thing to be sore and know your workout was effective at changing your body, but if it puts me out of commission for a couple of days and I can't do my other workouts, is that effective?  Hmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment