Sunday, July 1, 2012

Year to Best: Act #10 - Sandpapering my Face

Since Spa Nordstrom screwed up my original appointment for a massage/exfoliation, they comped my services and I was able to get a facial with my gift card.  I am very lucky to not have any real skin issues.  I have some small sun spots from past sun damage, and the spa director recommended microdermabrasion for helping with those.  I went for it. 

It's admittedly uncomfortable...like someone is taking a small wand with sandpaper on the end and scrubbing your face with it.  Since it makes the skin a bit raw, it feels like being sunburned.  That went on for about 20 minutes, then she applied a cleansing scrub and a cold milky mask to soothe and replenish the skin.  I learned that while the process removes the top layer of skin (especially the dead stuff) and helps to unclog pores, it also stimulates the skin to produce more collagen.  The benefits aren't immediate, so I am waiting to see if I see skin improvement.

After the process, I felt sunburned for several hours.  The next morning, my face felt normal, but I have a few dry spots on my face where she concentrated the wand.  I have to stay out of the sun for a few days, moisturize a lot, and not wear makeup if I can help it.

So, results TBD...but I was glad to go for something new and unusual that may be good for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment