Monday, July 30, 2012

Year to Best: Act #16 - Practice Gratitude

Because I tend to typically try to create results for myself in every realm of life, I sometimes forget to stop and be grateful.  For example, I work hard to stay healthy, so I feel like I'm controlling it.  That means I forget to be grateful that I am even ABLE to keep myself healthy.  I manage our household finances every day, so I forget to stop and be grateful that we have an income stream to begin with.

So lately, I've made an effort to practice gratitude, both within myself (during meditation or just in daily thoughts) and externally (letting people know I appreciate them in my life, etc.)

Gratitude is one area in which I have a long way to go - while I know I AM grateful for much in my life, I forget to think on it purposefully.  I am working on it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment