Monday, July 16, 2012

Year to Best: Act #14 - Invisalign Fun

To further my wellness this year, I knew I needed to bite the (financial) bullet and spring for new braces/Invisalign.  I had them when I was a pre-teen or teen, but my teeth have shifted slightly over the years.  I now understand the full value of retainers.  Sheesh.

While braces do not come cheap, I can't help feeling they're worth it.  A comfortable, confident smile can make all the difference on the outside, because it's connected to how you feel on the inside.  Besides that, uneven teeth/bite can affect you in many ways over the years, and I'd like to have it all straight, lovely and comfortable by the time I'm turning 30.

So, I went today for my "work-up", which included lots of x-rays, photos with my lips pulled back in unnatural positions, and gross goopy impressions (4 of them). It wasn't bad, and I'm glad to be making headway.

Clinical plan will be next - then beginning of the trays. Fun times!



1 comment:

  1. Totally worth it! I still wear my retainers at night (sexy!) but it's a huge confidence boost.

    ReplyDelete